We’re opening our doors to you! Come by to meet our team and learn more about Sidewalk Labs.
If you have ever been curious about the work that goes into creating a smart city, or the various roles and jobs it takes to make it happen, stop by 307 this Thursday September 26 as we open our doors for Elevate’s Startup Open House.
As Canada’s leading tech and innovation festival, Elevate attracts the biggest and brightest leaders shaping the world today. Hosted in the heart of Toronto from September 20-26, 2019, the festival features world-class speakers, interactive experiences, & can’t-miss socials. Made in Canada, we invite a worldwide audience to collaborate with Canada’s thriving innovation ecosystem.
Elevate’s Startup Open House (SOH) is the biggest tech community event in Canada, gathering hundreds of startups and over 10,000 participants in 4 cities across Canada in 2019. Created in Montréal in 2013, SOH brings together high growth startups with their local
community of top-talents, users and partners.
This is an open house event for all ages. We encourage everyone to come, explore, and participate at their leisure.
The following members of our team will be delivering short presentations on their work during these times:
- 4:00pm Open House Begin
- 5:00-5:15pm Nicole LeBlanc, come learn about VC and urban tech.
- 5:30-5:45 pm Leo Chen, how to build the future of urban mobility.
- 6:00-6:15pm Chelsey Colbert, hear about Sidewalk Labs’ approach to privacy, data ethics, and responsible AI.
- 6:45-7pm Evan Riedel, hear all about the future of timber buildings.
- 7:15-7:30pm Siqi Zhu, come learn about the future of urban design.
Throughout the open house, Sidewalk Labs staff will be available to chat with you and answer questions.
What is 307?
We’ve transformed an old fish processing plant and parking lot into an experimental work space — 307 is where Sidewalk Labs works every day in Toronto and is open to the public every weekend. Inside and outside, we’re exploring some of the ideas that could become part of this future neighbourhood and establishing an open venue for community collaboration. We’re excited to co-create and share our explorations with you as the Sidewalk Toronto project evolves.
Getting to 307
307 is located at 307 Lake Shore Boulevard East (at the base of Queens Quay East and Parliament Street). There are a number of options for getting here:
- Bike Share: We’re thrilled to offer the first Bike Share Toronto station on Quayside, located at Parliament and Lake Shore Boulevard East.
- Cycling: There is limited bike parking onsite at 307. There is additional bike parking is available at 333 Lake Shore Boulevard East.
- Bus: 307 is accessible by TTC on the 72B Pape.
- Wheel-trans: A designated drop-off/pick-up point can be found on the east side of Small Street, between Parliament Street and Lakeshore Boulevard East. An orange path will lead from the drop off point to the main entrance.
- Parking: Pay parking is available at 333 Lakeshore Boulevard East (enter from Parliament Street).
Accessibility at 307
Site and select washrooms are wheelchair accessible. ASL-English interpretation will be available for this event. Find out more about accessibility at 307 with our PDF guide here (find screen reader version here). Please reach out to our team at email@example.com should you have any questions about accessibility.