Last Updated: October 17, 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, including through our websites or when you contact us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, phone number, online profile, resume and other job application information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our websites, we automatically collect information, including personal information, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of our websites, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our websites and your experience, see which areas and features of our websites are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our websites or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness
Use of Information
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may use the information we collect via our websites as follows:
- Provide and improve our websites;
- Evaluate your job application and consider you for employment;
- Respond to your comments, questions or requests;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, protect the rights and property of Sidewalk and others, and enforce our user agreements;
- Communicate with you about news and information we think will be of interest to you; and
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with use of our websites
Sharing of Information
We may share information about individuals as follows:
- with affiliates of Sidewalk Labs;
- with service providers who access this information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, spin out, divestment or other corporate restructuring, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Sidewalk Labs if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Sidewalk Labs, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Sidewalk Labs is based in the United States and the information we collect through our websites is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of certain aspects of our websites.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you have opted out to receive promotional email, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
We also comply with other requests when required by applicable law. For instance, depending upon where you reside, you may have a right to obtain a copy of your personal information that we possess and to have it corrected if it is inaccurate. In order to process such a request, we may require you to provide additional information to confirm your identity (which will only be used for such purposes). Please use the contact information below to make this request.